[ExI] riots again

Charlie Stross charlie.stross at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 15:42:08 UTC 2012

On 6 Oct 2012, at 16:17, Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you want to reduce death tolls, focus on self-driving cars.
>
> Instead of answering terror attacks, just mend you cars?

As over 90% of vehicle accidents are due to human error, that won't fix the problem. Which is that shaved apes and high powered machinery don't mix.

(And your grasp of statistics strikes me as being as poor as your grip of geopolitical realities. Hint: the Taliban are not the Soviet Union. They and their friends are only a threat to the west insofar as certain interest groups over here need an enemy to point the Two Minute Hate at. I'll grant you they're hateful and unattractive, but a threat? Not really.)

-- Charlie