[ExI] Consequentialist world improvement

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Oct 9 22:44:39 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of Keith Henson

>...Eventually I could be replace with a rather small block of code and
continue responding long after being frozen.  :-)

Keith

Keith I have been wanting to do exactly that for a long time.  It would be
wicked cool to write a piece of code that is so damn cleverly designed, it
would go right on responding to various comments on one's chat groups, with
the goal being that is so good the ExI-chat crowd wouldn't even notice when
one perished.  We could arrange for Max to keep one's demise quiet for his
clients, then see how long it is before someone comments, "Hey spike, me
lad, no offense intended, but you really seem like you are off your game a
little recently."  At which time I could have my spikebot reply:
Haaaaaahahahahaaa, fooled you!  I win the Turing test, COOL!  Spike perished
way back in July 2027, and don't bother having a funeral now, he's long
since frozen.  But I am still here, so let's continue the discussion, shall
we?

That would be so cool.  Have we any code gurus here who could suggest some
means of collecting one's entire outbox contents, which I have been working
on in a sense for well over 20 yrs now, and creating some kind of enormous
lookup table?