[ExI] Consequentialist world improvement

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Oct 10 13:28:51 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of F. C. Moulton
Subject: Re: [ExI] Consequentialist world improvement

Spike

>...Just a small note about your bot plan.  I did not notice a "Style"
parameter...

Ja, what I have proposed is an unsophisticated algorithm that only inserts
old texts from long ago where it thinks it might be appropriate.

>...Also there is the "Tone"...

Ja again.  I have no idea how to program a bot getting annoyed about no one
responding.  Interesting challenge however.  I am hoping some of our real
coders will kick in with ideas.  It would be interesting to get two bots to
flaming each other.  Seems like we have plenty of material in the archives
for them to call upon.  But the bots wouldn't necessarily know the other guy
is another bot.  So when they started to call each other "bit-brain" for
instance, we would find it hilarious and they wouldn't know.

>...We has humans run models of other peoples minds in our minds and after
years of evolution most humans are relatively good at it although some are
better than others.  Fred

How well I know.  I never have been worth a damn at that.

Fred if you have any ideas on how to write a quote-bot, do suggest.  I am
all ears.  Actually this whole thing is such an obvious idea, seems like
someone somewhere would have tried it by now.  Anyone know?