[ExI] randomly generated math paper accepted for publication

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat Oct 20 21:37:52 UTC 2012

On 20/10/2012 10:54, Giulio Prisco wrote:
> It does mean the the traditional peer-review process, with its
> ridiculous delays of months and even years, is broken beyond repair.

Amen to that. Although it is still better than nothing: it keeps out
people who can't follow written instructions, which removes about half
of the crazy population.

In this particular case it was a pretty crappy journal, while Sokal
caught a high status one. But I think tring this kind of thing is a
public service for unmasking the sloppiest ones.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute