[ExI] Convergence

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Oct 26 19:59:59 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] Convergence

On 23 October 2012 15:27, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

>>.The big problem with predicting the future is that even when you get the
analysis right, it might still take far longer than you expect for it to
come true.

>.Another issue is that past futurology may be fairly accurate as to what
could and should actually have happened, and what is actually "wrong" may be
more the turn things have taken than the predictions... :-)
--  Stefano Vaj

JA!  I have long suspected this, Stefano.  All my predictions are right on,
but they never turn out that way: the future keeps going off course.  It's
the future's fault!  The silly proles don't recognize true brilliance and
humility in their finest and most foresightful forecaster.

I like that triple negative comment by that old-time religion feller whose
name I don't recall at the moment, who commented in Matthew 13 verse 57:  A
prophet is not without honor, save in his own home town.  Or something like
that.  If the yahoos would just do as I said they would do, then this
wouldn't happen.  I would be listed among the greatest of the profits.