[ExI] Transhuman

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Tue Sep 4 18:49:21 UTC 2012

This sounds right.

As an aside, aesthetics is based on a person's interpretation of beauty and
would be secondary to what you refer to as a transhumanist "pose a benefit".

The transhumanist idea is to extend life and to do so, that would require
interventions of the body that regenerate the body and enhance the body
through technological approaches for (i) repair cell damage and (ii) to add
new psychological and cognitive options that enhance a person.  If one wants
to add an aesthetic approach to this that would be great, but it would need
the (i) and (ii).

 <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More, PhD