[ExI] [Hplus-talk] my response to P.Z. Myers on uploading

Isabelle Hakala ismirth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:05:11 UTC 2012

If someone decides what uploading would mean for themselves and then you
listen then you have adopted someone else's definition. I want the ability
to upload and for me to stay here in my physical body as well. Not only
would I want to run this as an experiment in multiple parallels, I would
also want the AI that would come from this uploading process because that
AI would be ME. I would love to have 6 more of me, and for those other
'mes' to have unlimited access to info and no need for downtime. I woud
love to see what those other MEs would come up witj under those
circumstances. What problems they would solve. How they would solve them.
And if there were any issues with the solutions.

Everyone gets to decide for themselves how they would utilize uploading.
Why would adopt some else's definition if it doesn't work for you? Don't
think inside someone else's box. No new ideas or solutions are ever made
that way.