[ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 06:53:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> ### Really? Like, you feel comfortable walking at night in the getto
> but would be scared out of your wits at the TED talk?

No.  Point taken.

Seems I misspoke.  Folks in the middle are pleasantly safe.  Lawless
at top and bottom then,  calm in the middle.

Sorry.  Can't get the Bush era off my mind.  And with the Clinton and
Obama years hitched on, front and back, it seems a long stretch --
twenty years -- of lawlessness at the top.  (Normally, what with his
smarts, charisma, likeability, and communication skills, I'd give
Clinton a pass, ... but I just can't get past half-a-million dead
Iraqi children.  But that's my problem.  No need for it to enter the
discussion.)  Twenty years.  A third of my life.

Lawlessness at the bottom is desperation driven.  At the top it's
ambition driven, a lawlessness of choice.  And the damage potential of
those with state power is vastly greater.  It's in a whole other
class.

Sorry, I seem to have wandered off topic somewhere.

Best, Jeff Davis