[ExI] ethics vs intelligence

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:45:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
<snip>
> The moral convictions of each of us are not "rationally compelled", but are
> not arbitrary either: they simply reflect our personal deepest nature, "what
> we really are", and we are not really free to choose them randomly any more
> than we can be somebody else.

Sorry, but I don't think that theory works in practice.
People change their moral convictions all the time.
If you join the $cienologists then I guarantee your moral convictions
will change very quickly to fit in with your new peer group.

Now you may say, 'Ahh but they didn't change their deepest nature,
only their behaviour'.
In that case their deepest nature doesn't matter and is just playing with words.
What matters is their moral *behaviour*.

BillK