[ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 20:02:18 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, first you have to ask the question "What would I know if I knew more than I know now?".

I would know good solutions to the energy problem, and how to get them
implemented. Once that was done, then the problems related to scarce
resources would become less burdensome.

> Or, to be more precise, how do you predict what you would think if you were more intelligent than you are now?

By looking at what beings do when they have intelligence. What do
people do that apes don't? What do apes do that mice don't? What do
mice do that insects don't? What do insects do that plants don't? What
do plants do that single celled creatures don't? What do single celled
creatures do that rocks don't?

I don't know many of the answers, but sometimes it is good enough to
have a good question.

-Kelly