[ExI] Nice Article on Brain Preservation

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 17 16:15:06 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
.
>>...3) Will anyone in the age of Nanotechnology think we're worth the
hassle of reviving?

>>>. I would still prefer to have my brain stored in a dedicated institution
trying to protect it than to trust the overall environment out there.

>.I strongly agree, even a plastic infused brain is not invulnerable and a
friendly institution might be able to help with problem #3.  John K Clark

Ja, things will need to be far different from what they are today, far
different, for us to hold out any hope of revival.  If somehow the
technology became available for me to revive my great great grandfather,
Isaac Newton Jones, I would be bringing a dependent into the world who might
be even more of a financial burden than his great^3 grandson by the same
name; delightful as that might be, it would likely be expensive.  Of course,
if it is post-uploading, as I expect, none of the usual rules apply.  This
is why I have been so interested in MBrains for so long; it looks to me like
the logical next step of evolution.