[ExI] riots again

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Sep 27 16:08:31 UTC 2012

Il 27/09/2012 17:22, spike ha scritto:

> [...]

The only problem with this idea is the Taliban like to shut off the cell
phone network (just too many tip off from the general population) and
the US would like to build a cell phone network there

>> ...Forget cellphones: running water would be a good start. Ditto
> electricity. And roads...

> No Charlie.  Remember cell phones.  They need those things worse than the
> other stuff, if it is really true that robo-bombing is causing debilitating
> listlessness, which would then cause them to lack running water, electricity
> and roads.

> Also ...

They need and want more cell phones and networks because the cell phones
allow more productive economic activity. The poor is able to sell their
eggs to the market with the best price (dirty capitalists) with
cellphone and plumbers can be contacted faster when something is in need
of repair. Just don't mind the utility to be able to call a doctor in
(an alien concept in the Western world) if someone fall sick or is wounded.

Just looking at the Wikipedia, I understand we are tangled in wrong
stereotypes about the poor Afghanistan and the Afghanis:

"Telecom companies, such as Afghan Wireless and Roshan, began boasting
rapid increase in cellular phone usage in the mid 2000s. In response to
this Etisalat and MTN Group were launched, and by 2009 there were about
18 million mobile phone users in Afghanistan. Etisalat became the first
company to launch 3G services in 2012 followed MTN and Roshan. In the
meantime, Afghan officials announced that they plan to send its own
satellite into space."

"According to the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
there are 4760 active towers throughout the country which covers 85% of
the population. The Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
plans to expand its services in remote parts of the country where the
remaining 15% of the population will be covered with the installation of
the new towers.[2]"

Now, there are 30 millions of people in Afghanistan and 18 millions of
cellphones, 85% covered (in 2009).

> Exactly so sir, which is why I suggested YouTube.  This is a wonderfully
> powerful tool which we didn't have during the Vietnam War years.  It goes
> around the military-industrial complex, slips right past the US news media
> and their silly distractions of the latest school teacher raping her eager
> and willing students, it goes past the censors and governments.  YouTube is
> our DREAM!  It is information which has gotten itself free, and that
> information, once free, is pouncing ferociously at every opportunity,
> ripping apart ignorance wherever it can be found.  Once that information is
> on YouTube, it is THERE for anyone to access, no need for help from
> governments or news majors, it is there and it is FREE!

Unfortunately, the lack of photos and movies about the drone bombing is
akin the lack of photo and movies about the UFO. You could excuse it in
the past, without ubiquitous cellphones and cameras. But now?

Mirco