[ExI] riots again

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:07:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> On 27/09/2012 21:19, F. C. Moulton wrote:
>>
>> The amount of BS on this thread is simply staggering.
>
> Which is interesting on its own. No matter what one's views on the factual
> state of the world is, the vitriol itself should suggest that people
> participating are not being very rational - and that likely includes oneself
> too.

Complexity > Confusion > Fear > Simplification > Rationalization >
Belief > Vitriol

Expanding the context helps, but we can only process so much
information.  Even though I side with Stross, Davis & Bill K (whose
context is broader than the others), there is even more there than
they -- or I -- can take in.

So much for facts.

PJ