[ExI] riots again

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Fri Sep 28 02:36:55 UTC 2012

Spike wrote:

>Good chance that was the last attempted prosecution of blasphemy in British
>history.  Keith Henson's prosecution might well be the very last successful
>blasphemy prosecution in the history of western civilization.

You'd hope so, but:

<http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2012/09/19/comment-calls-for-international-blasphemy-law-must-be-r>

I'm not sure I can come up with a proposed international law that is more
outrageous than outlawing "blasphemy." Of course, to be fair, a law
against blasphemy ought to include any remark that is defamatory of
anyone's belief system, whether religious or not.

We'd actually be better under a single selected world religion than a
definition of blasphemy whose breadth satisfied the General Assembly.

Of course, once the tech is there, what you really want is direct thought-
control. The thought is father to the deed. We can't have crimethink.

-- David.