[ExI] riots again

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Fri Sep 28 16:29:56 UTC 2012

Charlie Stross replied to me:

>A good starting point for dealing with the barking islamist tendency
         :
>It'd be a generational program,

I take that as given. Historically, changing any set of hearts and
minds has taken multiple generations. One might suspect that
we could do it more quickly nowadays, but I'd rather be reconciled
to a 50-100 year project and happily surprised if it can be completed
sooner.

And I don't want to presuppose that we don't have to worry about
this because the nano-fairy will enable us to fix it Real Soon Now.
Quite the contrary: It'd be nice to cure the "convert or die" mindset
while the weapons available are no more fearsome than a nuclear
arsenal.

-- David.