[ExI] riots again

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Sat Sep 29 20:53:51 UTC 2012

Fred wrote:

>Of course you are now setting up a false dichotomy.  I can remember the
>beginning of the Extropian email list when it would not be necessary to
>explain the basics of market allocation of resources plus a multitude of
>similar topics.  Has this list regressed to the point that we need to
>monthly post "Introduction to History, Logic and Basic Extropian
>Fundamentals" and on similar foundational topics?

More than that: It was specifically stated and agreed that we don't argue over
basics, and an enumerated set was considered basic. You don't have to
agree with them all, but you don't waste people's time arguing over them.
And if you didn't know the basics, you were expected to come up to
speed on your own.

The consequence was that much of the traffic was talking about stuff that
you couldn't find anywhere else.

-- David.