[ExI] statistics detect ballot box stuffing

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 04:48:39 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Or if we run into practical difficulties with undoing everything the US
> government has done since 2000

In general, the rule of law prohibits indefinite undos, especially in
regard to orders issued by a person whose service is in question.  It
is never acceptable to declare all actions of the government illegal,
because the damage to society simply from attempting to enforce
such an accounting would be quite high, unless you mean to dissolve
that government completely - and the moment you get serious about
it, the government is within its rights to resist.

Doesn't matter if George W. Bush stole the election.  He was
President, and his orders were those of a lawfully serving President.
Even if it is now proven that he stole the election, that does not
invalidate any order he gave.  This is the distinction between the
office, and the person holding the office.

> we could get serious about putting into
> place protections against a recurrence.

Who "we", kemosabe?

Google "ballot access".  This is a far, far more serious problem than
you give it credit for, and many people are already working on it.  If
you want to actually do something about this, look up the issues,
look up the organizations, and approach them and volunteer to help.
At the very least, if you have a great new technological solution,
you'll need boots on the ground to get it distributed to the places
that need it, and they can be those boots for you.

Solving this requires actual work.  Fortunately, there are workers,
but you need to actually talk to them before they can implement.