[ExI] Bitcoin

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Apr 4 22:14:47 UTC 2013

Il 04/04/2013 14:36, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 11:21:57PM +0100, Anders Sandberg wrote:
>
>> From a theoretical perspective I feel torn. Bitcoin is a
>> crypto-libertarian dream, a currency free from government control where
>> you can invent new financial instruments with an afternoon of
>> web-programming. This is what we were talking about back in the 90s!
>> Yay! At last! But... while I think SilkRoad is very neat and that people
>> should be allowed to buy drugs, it shows that bitcoin might make it *too
>> easy* to run black market activity. It seems perfect for hiring people

> I have another currency which is well known to support black market
> activity: 100 USD and 500 EUR bills. Let's outlaw these, since
> we *actually know* these are being used for all kinds of crime,
> including hit jobs, etc.

You forgot all smiles to signal this was a joke, didn't it?

Actually, only rag tag criminals use cash /gold to move wealth around.
Real kingpin use the biggest banks to move, lauder, keep money.
The US government (and fell sure the German is no different) just
admitted it can not and don't want touch the banksters because they are
needed to keep up the make-believe system as it is today (Solar subsides
included).

>> to rough others up, or even assassination markets - and it might allow
>> buyers to avoid the currently tricky step of contacting unsavory
>> characters. From our experience with viruses and exploits, the scary
>> explosion happens when an economic driver appears and starts to feed a
>> bad business.

> I don't see a problem. Bitcoin is traceable, far more traceable than
> cash -- you just can't know which warm body is associated with a string,
> unless you do further digging.

> Of course governments (who're currently busily outlawing cash, in case
> people haven't noticed yet) will try to outlaw Bitcoin.

When cash is outlawed people will invent their own cash.
I want them to try to outlaw Bitcoin.
If they fail, they are dead. Dead in a worse way than killed.
Dead as without any power.

Bitcoin is a cut in their biggest vein. The outflow of their life blood,
the wealth created by the people, will be epic to see.

Mirco