[ExI] Obama keen on brain mapping

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 08:58:51 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Alan Grimes  wrote:

>>> Since then we have extended our sentience and expanded our morality.

I think Eugen's point is that our individual opinions matter for little.
It is the sweep of society that will carry events forward.

Personally, I don't like smartphones, where everything you say is
recorded, all your movements are recorded and all your contacts are
recorded. I think the implications for society are pretty bad.

But I don't see that having any effect on stopping the spread of smartphones.

It will be similar for things like AI and uploads. If these things
become possible, then society will get what it wants.

I can refuse to carry a smartphone and become more and more an
outsider of 'normal' society. You can probably do the same to the
uploaded society. But it might become very lonely. And difficult to
survive without all the other human infrastructure being maintained.

BillK