[ExI] future of slavery

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 10 14:23:54 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg

>... If you tell people they ought to go to art museums instead of monster
truck racing, you might be trying to help them - or drumming up support for
your art museum... Anders Sandberg

Ja to all, good post Anders, thanks man.  As one who has lived in both
worlds, Redneckville USA and Nerdvana, California, I can tell you what would
happen if some lofty highbrow tried to drum up support for her art museum in
the place of my misspent youth.  She would be told "Monster truck racing is
an art."  or "That nekkid David feller with the slingshot, that boy would be
better getting some sturdy camo and a Remington pump action twelve gage if
he wants to mix it up with that big Goliath feller."

There would be some really fun culture clash if we tried to get my homers to
appreciate art.  They wouldn't get most of the stuff we discuss regularly on
ExI.