[ExI] Bitcoin

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 16:40:27 UTC 2013

BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

>Some people disagree.

>See:
>ECONNED: How Unenlightened Self Interest Undermined Democracy and
>Corrupted Capitalism
>Yves Smith

Based the review you provided, I am probably more in agreement than disagreement with this author.

I was in agreement with you, BillK (I think it was you) when you suggested in so many words to Mirco that the financial crisis of 2008 poked some holes into modern economic theory. The idea that economic actors should or can be considered at all times rational does not mesh well with the recent facts. This is also why I, like you, do not object to Eugen's use of the term "animal spirits".

-Gordon