[ExI] proto-bitcoin

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Apr 19 05:48:25 UTC 2013

On 19/04/2013 03:46, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com
> <mailto:msd001 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se
>     <mailto:anders at aleph.se>> wrote:
>     > Obviously we need to weird out more. Tomorrow I will give a talk
>     about the
>     > future of enhancement. What is the strangest enhancements we can
>     envision
>     > that seem remotely possible given current science?
>
>     Telekinesis enabled by thinking to the cloud-controlled utility fog?
>

> Drone human bodies, for rent by disembodied intelligences.
> And that's barely trying.

So what do you get when you try to be weird?

One idea that has been rattling around my head: another core system.
Kinzler and Spelke have argued that we have a few evolved "core systems"
in the brain that handle objects, agents, number, geometric properties
and maybe social relations rapidly and efficiently. What if we added a
core system for dynamical systems theory, making us able to "see"
bifurcations, attractor states, and do chaos control?

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute