[ExI] proto-bitcoin

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 04:06:19 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why does that suck? It means that the original bitcoins will not be devalued
> by later coins mined with more exotic equipment. There is also a limit on
> how many coins total will ever be minted.

In the sense that it takes increasing amounts of work to get less
amount of coin.  I was also a little disappointed that the secret
sauce wasn't more exotic math than you described.

Of course, you are correct:  you would want to build the system to
anticipate investment in hardware solutions that trivialize even the
best you can imagine in today's computation.