[ExI] Current uploading sales brochure?

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Sun Apr 21 05:59:46 UTC 2013

'ey,

I'm still working on that super-kinky story, part one is over thirty
thousand words.

Hopefully, I will be working on part two soon, maybe within the week.

I want to cover the subject of what it will actually be like to be an
upload in extreme detail, accuracy, and honesty. To that end, I need to
brush up on what the current claims are as to why it should be so great
and, in the greatest possible detail, how it will work.

I probably have enough material to work with but to make the story
resonate with people, I need to hammer people with logic and inescapable
chains of causation. At the same time, I don't want to say anything that
would cause the entire piece to be dismissed out of hand. (It is
acknowledged that many would dismiss what I have to say out of prejudice
but that can't be helped at this point.)

My problem here is that while the process of upl04d!ng t3h br4!nz is
extensively discussed, the day to day problems of running an upload in a
simulation are almost completely ignored. Stross actively avoided
getting too technical for fear of writing something that would become
dated too quickly. Egan did reveal some technical information but his
claims about performance were not well justified. I would definitely
prefer to work from more primary sources such as technical papers rather
than have to rely on other people's fiction.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.