[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 19:21:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Gordon <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I believe life is only a material process. I believe thoughts are also
> only material. I reject the vitalist notion of some metaphysical soul or
> spirit or energy or "elan vital".

If that is really true then I can say unequivocally that you have not
thought through your beliefs to their logical conclusion.

> I think neuroscience will one day identify the biological processes that
> give rise to consciousness.

If consciousness and intelligent behavior are "completely different" then
Evolution could have NEVER produced a biological process that just
gaverise to consciousness. No way no how.

  John K Clark