[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:09:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013  Gordon <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>  nobody is fool enough to pay somebody to write a conscious computer program when there is no way to tell success from failure..

 >  There may come a day when this is an ethical question.

Yes, but almost certainly not in the way you imagine.

 > Let us say we create AI androids that appear to be alive and
conscious. They walk among us ordinary meat-people. Will it be murder
to shoot one?

A question of academic interest only. A much more interesting and
practical question is will it be ethical for the machines to shoot us,
and a even more interesting question is will they shoot us?

  John K Clark