[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Apr 27 20:15:34 UTC 2013

Hi Bryan,

Given this, it sounds like you think most people believe in some kind of
substance dualistic soul?  I would agree that there is no evidence
supporting that and why I'm not in that minority camp. But while it is
true that a minority 6 of the 50 or so experts that have canonized their
views, are still in a substance dualism camp, there are 34 of 50,
including Dennett, Chalmers, Lehar, Hameroff, Smythies... and many
others not in this camp, that all agree with the substance dualist on at
least the point that qualia like redness are the most important part of
consciousness.

And you still haven't answered my question.  What, where, and how is a
redness quality, and what makes it different than a greenness quality?

Brent Allsop