[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Mon Apr 29 04:08:28 UTC 2013

Kelly Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net
> <mailto:ALONZOTG at verizon.net>> wrote:
>
>     Kelly Anderson wrote:
>

>             Furthermore, claiming identity based on pattern identity
>         theory
>             and then claiming the ability to make whole-sale changes is
>             isomorphic to having your cake and eating it too.
>
>         I don't want my upload to be identical to me. I want my upload
>         to be a better me. That's why I call it transhumanism. Or am I
>         missing something vital here?
>

>     !!!
>
>     By what means, then, can you call such an upload, your future self???
>

> Because I change every day. That would just be one more such change.
> If I learn Chinese, do I stop being myself?
>
> -Kelly

Don't try to confuse the issue. We are not talking about learning X,
with it's attendant synaptic changes, we are talking about making
arbitrary changes to a mindfile while simultaneously claiming that the
integrity of the mindfile is the basis of identity.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.