[ExI] epic fail videos save lives

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Apr 29 18:56:18 UTC 2013

On 29/04/2013 19:23, spike wrote:

> Thanks Epic Fails.  Your pain and suffering is not in vain.

Really good point!

Given how stupidly we humans update risk, this might actually work. I
just spent the day in the stratosphere of insurance, and can report that
even big insurance companies often adopt new forms of risk management
only after a disaster has visibly occured (they blame the market, which
doesn't want insurance against stuff it has not seen in gory detail yet
- same thing).

"Dont try this at home" followed by a cool result is much more dangerous
than somebody saying it and then walking into a combine harvester.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute