[ExI] "Crypto Coin Law" vs "Law of the Crypto Coin"?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Tue Aug 6 11:10:59 UTC 2013

Hi Gordon,

You are going to far, taking our interest in, respect and valuing of
your different point of view as more than you should.  We aren't
"reconsidering the use of the word 'law'", at least you haven't
converted me or anyone else to your still lonely camp yet.  As far as I
know, you are the only one that thinks this way, and even you aren't in
this camp as definitively as those willing to stand up and do the work
to support and build the "law" camp. If there are others, besides you,
especially if they have enough commitment to their camp to do the work
to 'canonize' it, that would be more evidence that it is a worth while camp.

I agree with you, that the supply of Bitcoins is a mathematical
certainty, and that the demand for Bitcoins isn't this certain. But, in
our POV, even this side is worthy of the word "law", more so than things
like "Moore's law" and such.    It isn't an absolute certainty, that
water will flow downhill (like when people build dams), but you can bet
an awful lot on the fact that it will, and when, just like you can bet
on the fact that capital will flow to where it will earn the greatest ROI.

What do you think about the certainty of economic growth?  Do you think
this is as reliable as something like "Moore's law" and/or "Kurzweil's
law of accelerating returns"?  If you think economic growth is deserving
of the term 'law', then is it not, then, a mathematical certainty that,
if the economy grows exponentially, then the demand for any limited
currency in that economy must accelerate, exponentially?  Also remember,
this prediction is about whatever is the leading crypto currency, not
just Bitcoin.

Anyone else out there in Gordon's camp?  Any other camp out there,with
enough supporters willing to help amplify the wisdom of the crowd and
help accelerate us toward the singularity in ways other than just making
noise?

Brent Allsop