[ExI] "Crypto Coin Law" vs "Law of the Crypto Coin"?

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Aug 6 14:13:00 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-06 13:52, Brent Allsop wrote:

> Hi Anders,
>
> I'm trying to tell if you think 'law' is not a good name for the camp
> http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/154/2, but I can't yet tell.

Given the context on the page, it works well. I suspect that it doesn't
work well as a term in discussions outside canonizer.

The word "law" has a lot of odd meanings. It can mean legal rule, it can
mean a law of nature, it can mean an observed trend, or it can mean a
probability distribution (just to name a few). It is likely not pulling
its weight as a word in the title of the concept :-)

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute