[ExI] phony google

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 11:15:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Avoid Windows" feels to me like advice of the kind "wear a tinfoil
> hat" or "leave the TV on when you're not home."

No, not "tinfoil hat" advice, but based on common sense. Windows may not be
fundamentally less secure than Linux/Mac/BSD/Chrome/etc, but because it's
so widely used it's a popular attack vector. Avoid Windows and you
automatically avoid all Windows-based exploits/malware. Of course that
doesn't make you immune to attacks/malware, and you'll need to remain
vigilant and cautious with whichever platform you choose.

-Dave