[ExI] God's God

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:55:00 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:

  > The paradox of consciousness is resolved by [...]
My greatest difficulty in resolving the paradox of consciousness is
figuring out what the hell the paradox of consciousness is. I figure that
consciousness is what happens when things behave intelligently, or to say
the same thing another way, consciousness is the way data feels like when
it is being processed. I think consciousness is fundamental, that is to say
I think a string of "why" questions cannot be infinitely long so at the end
of that string you come to something fundamental. And so after that there
is simply nothing more to say about consciousness or anything else that is
fundamental; although there is a lot more to say about intelligence.
Consciousness is easy but intelligence is hard.

  John K Clark