[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 29 14:37:17 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: spike [mailto:spike at rainier66.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:42 AM
To: 'ExI chat list'
Cc: keith at kl-ic.com
Subject: RE: [ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

>... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:43:07PM -0700, spike wrote:

> At some point somewhere in time, some intelligent life form was the
> very first.  We can set aside for now the argument that this first
> wise guy is us, and agree that somewhere and somewhen in the
> observable universe, someone was first.  If we assume, quite
> reasonably, that this first intelligent tech-enabled species wanted to
> colonize the universe or at least the galaxy it inhabited, I proposed
> years ago a design for an MBrain node, that looks like this:

Spike, you might want to take a look at http://server-sky.com/

Thanks Gene, I saw this when it first came up and it is definitely cool.
The Server-Sky site is about orbital computation.  Mine is the next two
steps beyond that: making a complete star-enclosing MBrain, then have that
MBrain use the star as a very slowly accelerating photon rocket to the next
star, where the two stars collide and combine to form a larger, much
brighter star several tens of millions of years after the trip begins.

OK so I figured out this Server-Sky site was written by Keith Loftstrom.
Excellent, me lad!  Great stuff.