[ExI] note from 23andme

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 7 19:05:41 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 10:48 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] note from 23andme

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>.Not several, all.  Not recall, but rather, use the election coming in
less than a year.  Elect alternatives to all of them, every one.  This
elected group is a failure.  This house, this senate, this president, all
failures.  Send them all home at the first opportunity.

>.How do you propose to do this?  Especially in districts that are openly
hostile to our attitudes.

All we can do is all we can do.  Vote against incumbents.  Choose
challengers who run against the status quo.  There will be plenty of
challengers in every party who will be offering alternatives to the failed
attempt at a federally controlled health care, which I think will be a
critical issue in '14.  There will be those who will be open and honest, and
run on a platform which says that there are parts of the ACA which are
salvageable.  I cannot think of a good example right off the top of my head,
but somewhere in those thousands of pages of law we can likely find things
that should be saved.  Start there.

That bit about federal subsidies for health care, they will not come thru
with that.  Requiring everyone to buy policies which cover birth control and
abortion, forget it.

Factor of 3 delta between lowest risk and highest risk pools?  Dream on,
never happen, the young won't buy.

Set the states responsible for qualification and licensing of physicians,
and have each state set their own standards according to their own state's
needs and resources.  If they want to import European doctors with foreign
credentials, have the states decide what constitutes a doctor.  Don't allow
the Fed any say in that matter.

Have the states decide what therapies and treatments for which they want to
make laws.

Have the states do subsidies for the poor.

Get the law business out of the health business at every opportunity: they
only do harm, seldom good.

That sort of thing.