[ExI] google cousins. was: RE: online resources for identifying symbols

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 12 19:08:55 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of BillK

>...As a matter of interest, when I do a search with your image, I get a
different set of matches, mostly male but including one hot blonde female
face... BillK

Wellllll OK BillK, you caught me.  That hot blonde female is me.  I got so
tired of being stalked by the lonely hearts club which was geekdom in the
90s, almost all men, I decided to cut my hair and dress like a man.  Only
then could I get decent conversation out of them without geeks always asking
me for a date.

Or not.  {8^D

I googled on my 23andMe images of actual genetic cousins and didn't find
myself among their Google cousins.  But that should come as no surprise: I
can google-image myself and none of my images on the web appear in my Google
cousins list.  it might be interesting for a celebrity type to do a selfie
and see if google-images can find matches, when there are millions of images
of that person already on the web.

This Google Image business is a fun game, but not yet particularly powerful.
I expect it will become more powerful over time, as the whole computer chess
thing did, and it won't take as long.