[ExI] dicovery of irrational numbers

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 18:34:41 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I am open to suggestion for how to present irrationals in a more friendly
> way, especially since I have more bad news for that lad: most numbers are
> irrational.

It's even worst than that, at least with PI (and e) there is a infinite
series that produces it so you can find a decimal that is as close to PI as
you like, but most irrationals, nearly all in fact, are not like that, no
infinite series or anything else can produce them, they're not computable,
so you can't even get good approximations.  We can't even point at most
numbers.

  John K Clark