[ExI] confused trees and bees, FW: Season's Greetings from the Federation

Alex Blainey ablainey at aol.com
Sun Dec 22 02:35:24 UTC 2013

Ah the annual Bee update. Ive noticed a decline this year in the UK but havn't seen a rise in dead Bees. What I have also noticed recently and this worried me was when working in the woods clearing a couple of paths there was a very noticable lack of insect life in and under the leaf litter. !!!!!
In one area I raked away about an inch of leaves uncovering the peat/earth from a patch roughly 20 sq ft and then looked for insects. No woodlice, millipedes or even springtails. All I saw was one lonely small spider.

Now that is truly worrying. Nothing of note has changed in the local environment apart from a really wet year and the Oak trees have dropped more acorns than I have ever seen!