[ExI] confused trees and bees

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 18:03:52 UTC 2013

On Dec 23, 2013 8:22 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> With the possibility of low cost instruments and data loggers, we are
mechanizing one aspect of science: we can collect observations.  But those
instruments cannot ponder what they are measuring.  We have the possibility
of a stunning replication of observational opportunities, but at the same
time we may be suffering from a decline in our collective capacity to
interpret what we are seeing.

Why does this bother you?  The solution is obvious: find a way to mechanize
the pondering too.  Some folk have already been doing this, albeit only
with laboratory demonstrators so far.