[ExI] Let's stop lowering our IQs.

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:59:10 UTC 2013

Re the subject line:

Yes, let us stop acting at length against anything that
seems scary but which we personally know little about.
Let us develop the habit, even instinct, to - whenever
we hear about something that scares us but is not an
immediate threat (i.e., not something we need to do
something about in the next hour) - research that
which disturbs us.  Let us check out snopes.com and
similar sources, that we might recognize Big Lies
when they are repeated, and thus inoculate ourselves
against them.

Let us exercise our intelligence, not our fears, when
these things come up.  Because just like our
muscles, whichever one we exercise shall grow, and
whichever we do not shall atrophy.  More intelligence
and less fear sounds like a good way to live to me.