[ExI] cynicism

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Feb 5 21:00:21 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK

>...The original Greek philosophers called Cynics were, of course, not
interested in looking good.
In fact, they had much in common with early Christians. Some have argued
that the sayings attributed to Jesus were greatly influenced by the Cynic
philosophy.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_%28philosophy%29>

BillK

Hey this could be a fun game.  Take the sayings of Jesus and add what he
would have said had he been a cynical bastard.  For instance:

Matthew 3:2 would have said:

And Jesus spake unto them saying, Repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at
hand.  I bet ye a shekel it will be boring as hell...