[ExI] 2^57885161-1

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:24:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM, spike  wrote:
> We could use them to find out of some sneaky virus has invaded our computer
> which is quietly running its own background process.  This is an important
> application I have repeatedly tried to sell to big companies with thousands
> of computers.  If you use operating systems by Microsloth, hit ctrl-alt-del
> and bring up the task manager, look at the CPU column, notice that your
> computer is doing nothing, even when you are using it.  Back in the old
> days, they used to have a line called System Idle Process.  But Microsloth
> apparently didn't like to advertise the absurdity of Idle Process being
> persistently 96 to 99 percent of the CPU "usage" so just now I notice that
> isn't in there anymore.

System Idle Process is still there in Windows 7 Task Manager.
You have to tick the box 'Show processes from all users' at the bottom.

(Yes, I know that you are the only user, but Windows doesn't agree).  :)

You can also install Process Explorer (free from Microsoft) for a much
more detailed analysis of the hundreds of tasks your Win7 computer is
running.
Get it here: <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653>

BillK