[ExI] 2^57885161-1

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed Feb 13 23:29:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Eugen Leitl wrote:

[...]
> > laxer than standards for security for hardware, because misbehaving
>
> Nothing that a god gives you is safe. You've already lost by
> believing expressing the instructions in a subset safely
> sandboxes it.
>
> It is never safe.

Not only it is unsafe to accept god's gifts, it is also unsafe to reject
them. Both reactions could have been modeled and counted upon.

[...]
> > Emergence isn't the same thing as invasion.  If an AI emerges,
>
> When cooking with recipes made by gods, it is.
>
> > how do you guarantee its loyalties?  Further, an emergent AI
>
> Because reaching your target attractor is deterministic, if you
> know how.

Ok. So if this happens, we are cooked, I agree. It is hard to defend
against bunch of butterflies deliberately placed over period of eons,
collectively contributing to the birth of Maxwell and Marconi.

Assuming this is what you mean.

> > by definition does not have the memories, personality, or
> > identity of a specific alien, nor any chain of identity linking it
> > back to the would-be invaders.
>
> The recipes never stopped coming.

How so?

> > Sure, perhaps you can nudge it to have certain sympathies
> > and modes of thought that might lead it toward wanting to ally
> > with similar-thinking aliens.  But that's not an "invasion" so
> > much as "making the humans come to the aliens"...
>
> Actually, nobody will bother sending messages, as every self-rep
> system has amplification factor in excess of 10^3 at each hop.
>
> Hence, you will never receive blueprints.

Unclear. BTW, where does 10^3 come from?

Regards,
Tomasz Rola