[ExI] NYC Debate: Bioethicists Hold Public Debate Ban on Genetically Engineered Babies

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 18:14:08 UTC 2013

James Clement <clementlawyer at gmail.com>

> Thought this might interest the group: *B*ioethicists Hold
> Public Debate
> Ban on Genetically Engineered Babies.
>
> February 14, 2013

> four intellectuals gathered on a stage in New York
> City last
> night to debate whether or not there should be a ban on the
> use of genetic
> engineering to improve human babies*.*

Wait a minute, that's not what the title says.

I thought this was about having a ban on public debates about genetically engineered babies!

What does a 'public debate ban' mean, but a ban on public debates?

I think there should be a public debate about having a ban on public debates about genetically engineered babies.

If anyone wants to debate my notion (maybe you think it should be banned, for instance), feel free.

Ben Zaiboc