[ExI] insanity plea

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:42:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> As with the anonymous psychology patient, it seems like we could set up
> anonymous optometrist and an anonymous neurologist.  Hey, there's an idea
> for all these doctors who do not want to work under the new US medical
> system: open a shop which takes only cash, in exchange for a promise to not
> ask who you are.

Keep describing this dystopian future with a positive outlook.  It
doesn't make it any less dystopian, but it's good to be positive about
it.

I thought we were getting rid of cash due to the pesky untrackability
of cash.  Wasn't the goal to make your bank account public information
also?  That way we can be sure you aren't selling or buying drugs,
cheating on your spouse, or evading your tax responsibility.  Wait,
you don't want to make your bank transactions public record?  Then why
do you keep advocating public mental health database?

Can we at least agree that public records should notify the individual
before releasing the information?  Something like a 2-factor auth
where anyone can request the information, but I have to allow the
release so I am at least informed who/what is poking at my data?
Sure, I can deny the request and you can deny whatever service you
provide - but at least data miners aren't using this information as a
cheap "opt-in" for services you probably don't want.