[ExI] BBC on space solar

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 21:45:28 UTC 2013

J.R. Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the story we're fed, but I can never embrace it.  We don't lack
> the finances to do this...we lack the cooperation to do it.  That, and
> those in power have no incentive really to make it happen.  In fact, they
> have a lot at stake, and benefit more from it NOT happening.

Ramen! The same story is true of most of the transhumanist technologies
we're interested in - space exploration/colonization, life-extension,
alternative energy, etc. We have trillions of dollars to bailout foreign
and domestic banks (even when they say they don't need it), to wage foreign
wars, and build boondoggle projects that improve the lives of only a few
contractors but not the public. But, there's little or no money for
advancing the human race technologically.

James