[ExI] bees again

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Jan 3 09:24:44 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-02 00:47, ablainey at aol.com wrote:
> The main reason was that we have a large number of solitary bees living
> in our gardenand I raised the question of such species increasing in
> number to fill the gap caused by hive collapse.

I do not think I have reliable data or observations, but I do think I
see more hoverflies and non-bee pollinators. However, this could just be
a bias, since I do not care much for hymenoptera. (But I also don't care
for the hoverflies, so maybe that evens out.)

Generally, the Bay Area has always struck me as unusually insect-free
compared to other urban places.

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute