[ExI] cryonics vs. chemopreservation

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Jan 15 08:31:45 UTC 2013

No one is saying to take it as gospel, but it's a good analysis of the
issues. Better than anything to date. As I said (here or in another post
tonight), there will be a follow-up comment from Mike Darwin and response
from Aschwin. Darwin's criticisms, if correct, only reinforce the core
message that chemopreservation is not currently a superior or even viable
alternative to cryopreservation.

Eugen: The comments I've seen from you seemed to suggest general agreement
with Aschwin's piece. Is that not the case, or are you simply dubious about
certain specifics?

What bothers me is that some people (notably John Smart) are going about
strongly promoting the idea of chemopreservation as a superior option
today, when the best evidence says that is not the case.

--Max

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 02:09:45PM -0500, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > At any rate I'd still like to know what Alcor's official position on
> > > chemopreservation is.
> >
> > ### You might want to read Aschwin de Wolf's article on this:
> >
> > http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/chemopreservation.html
>
> I wouldn't take that article as gospel yet.

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*
President & CEO, Alcor Life Extension Foundation
7895 E. Acoma Dr # 110
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480/905-1906 ext 113