[ExI] cryonics vs. chemopreservation

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Jan 15 05:31:57 UTC 2013

Yes, anyone commenting on this topic *really *should read Aschwin's article.

It is also published in the January issue of *Cryonics *magazine (which you
will get sent free if you join Alcor as an Associate Member -- $10/month),
and there will be a follow-up discussion in a late issue. If you think
Aschwin has got something wrong or missed something, you can both comment
here and write a response for *Cryonics*.

Associate Membership info here (it's a good way to take an important step
toward saving yourself): http://alcor.org/BecomeMember/associate.html

There is no official Alcor position on chemopreservation, although
Aschwin's article is the closest to one in that it represents my views and
those board members with the greatest expertise in the area. If a feasible
method of chemopreservation should be developed, Alcor would be well
situated to offer it. Contrary to the completely unrealistic views of some
chemo proponents, to have a chance of successfully preserving your brain,
you would still need a sophisticated, well-organized response capability,
just as Alcor has for standby, stabilization, and transport.

We should soon be making available online the discussion of
chemopreservation from the recent Alcor-40 conference with input from Ken
Hayworth, Greg Fahy, Brian Wowk, Sebastian Seung, Aschwin de Wolf, and
others.

--Max

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > At any rate I'd still like to know what Alcor's official position on
> > chemopreservation is.
>
> ### You might want to read Aschwin de Wolf's article on this:
>
> http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/chemopreservation.html
>
> Rafal

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*
President & CEO, Alcor Life Extension Foundation
7895 E. Acoma Dr # 110
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480/905-1906 ext 113