[ExI] cryonics vs. chemopreservation

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:49:05 UTC 2013

Re "strongly promoting the idea of chemopreservation as a superior
option today" - Max, I don't plan to die today! What Smart, Hayworth
and others say, and I tend to agree, is that after the ongoing
preliminary research is complete, brain preservation could _become_ a
superior option, for the subset of cryonicists who prefer uploading to
biological life (I belong to this subset).
I think once chemopreservation is established as an alternative
option, no matter whether superior or not (depends on the individual
perspective), Alcor and the CI should offer it in parallel with cryo.